If a healthy immune system is capable of keeping you flu-free year after year, is it necessary for you to get a flu shot? The choice is yours, but keep these four important factors in mind:
All vaccines are immune suppressive -- that is, they suppress your immune system, which may not return to normal for weeks to months. This could increase your risk of contracting the flu or another infectious disease.
Flu vaccinations are notoriously ineffective and keep coming up short in study after study when it comes to having any measurable impact on what matters most, which is reducing illness and mortality from the flu.
After the largest flu-vaccination campaign in Canadian history, a Canadian-led study (through the Cochrane Collaboration, a highly respected international network of researchers who analyze the scientific evidence, including the methodology, used in clinical trials) concluded that vaccinating nursing home workers had no effect on confirmed influenza cases among the homes' elderly residents.
Only about 20% of flu-like illnesses are actually caused by influenza type A or B, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The other 80 percent are caused by more than 200 other bugs that can make you feel just as sick -- respiratory syncytial virus, bocavirus, coronavirus, and rhinovirus, to name a few. The flu shot will do virtually nothing to prevent those latter viruses that cause 80% of flu-like symptoms. Only a healthy immune system can do that!
If you do come down with influenza and have a good immune response, you will likely quickly recover without serious complications, as well as obtain natural immunity to that strain of influenza and to similar ones.
Since vaccines bypass your natural first-line defense (your lgA immune system), they are never 100 percent protective because they provide only temporary, typically inferior immunity compared to that your body would receive from naturally contracting and recovering from a disease.
Only 50% of People Infected with the Flu Virus Actually get Sick.
Perhaps the better alternative is to KEEP YOUR IMMUNITY UP & we have some simple steps you can follow here.
Popular posts from this blog
There's more to it than just sugar. Plaque is a thin, invisible film of sticky bacteria & other materials that covers all the surfaces of all your teeth. When sugars or starches in your mouth come in contact with plaque, the acids that result can attack teeth for 20 minutes or more after you finish eatinh. Repeated attacks can break down the hard enamel on the surface of teeth, leading to tooth decay. Plaque also produces toxins that attack the gums and bone supporting the teeth. With regualr brushing & flossing as well as Premium Probiotics like Bio-15 or Biogenics MD, can help reduce plaque.